Photo Gallery 1950's
Photo 10: This undated photograph of the engine room shows the electronic map of District 2 that was built in 1948.
Photo 11: This undated photo shows what is believed to be the original wood-frame firehouse shortly before it was razed to make way for a hall. A note in the scrapbook in which this photograph was found states that the photo was possibly shot in 1952 or 1953.
Photo 12: This photo was taken in the 1950s. At left is Fire Police Harold Edwards. Others (left to right) are Harold Holden, Thomas Hawthorne, Cliff Stout, Chief Carl Sommers, Ted Clemen Sr., and Donald Baker.
Photo 13: This 1956 photograph shows members of the Lawrence Road Fire Co. parading in front of the firehouse. Leading the march is President John Jable. In the second row, from left to right, are 2nd Assistant Chief Warren Groover Sr., Chief Donald Baker, and 1st Assistant Chief Clifford Stout. Alone in the third row is 3rd Lieutenant Clinton Groover. In the fourth row are Jesse Cravens, Cookie Rossi, and Chester Wisniewski. In the fifth row are Robert Ross, David Erkoboni, and William Carroll. In the fifth row are Al Muskewitz, Fred Welde and Rich Erkoboni. Driving the first engine is Warren Groover Jr. Driving the second engine is Linton Reed.
Photo 14: In this undated photo, Chet Wisniewski, Harold Edwards, Clifford Stout and George Welde flow water through a hoseline from one of Lawrence Roads Maxim fire engines.
Photo 15: This was the scene of the Hamilton Jewelers fire in Trenton on October 27, 1957. Lawrence Road firefighters were called to the scene to help fight the general alarm blaze.
Photo 16: A raging fire consumes the old gym on the campus of Lawrenceville School on the bitterly cold night of December 23, 1959. The blaze was battled by volunteers fire companies, including Lawrence Road, with the temperature at 5 degrees above zero. The fire was discovered by an employee who lives across from the gym. She telephoned an alarm at 3:56 a.m. to Lawrence Township police.